This Wednesday the National Book Foundation announced the finalists for their 2012 National Book Awards, which recognize the best books of the year by American authors. Here are the candidates for fiction and nonfiction with links to our catalog so you can read reviews, check their availability and place holds. See the full list of finalists here.
- Junot Díaz, “This Is How You Lose Her“
- Dave Eggers, “A Hologram for the King“
- Louise Erdrich, “The Round House“
- Ben Fountain, “Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk“
- Kevin Powers, “The Yellow Birds“
- Anne Applebaum, “Iron Curtain: The Crushing of Eastern Europe, 1945-1956“
- Katherine Boo, “Behind the Beautiful Forevers: Life, Death, and Hope in a Mumbai Undercity“
- Robert A. Caro, “The Passage of Power: The Years of Lyndon Johnson, Volume 4“
- Domingo Martinez, “The Boy Kings of Texas“
- Anthony Shadid, “House of Stone: A Memoir of Home, Family, and a Lost Middle East“
Winners will be announced in New York City on November 14.